RE: crosstool bloat

----Original Message----

  Try this patch: it looks like perhaps the best option of all, as it
(IIUIC) eliminates the useage of a separate data *segment* within the text
*section*, which is why the linker has to explicitly pad the placement and
can't just let the loader do it.

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-05/msg00712.html

  With due thanks to Thiemo Seufer
(http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-09/msg00253.html)!