Re: Is a target glibc really needed to build full crossgcc?

Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com> wrote on 14-09-2005 14:48:27:

> On 2005-09-14 at 14:10:25 Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>
> > When you build a cross compiler toolchain, you have to build glibc
berfore
> > you can
> > build the full gcc. But is the cross glibc libraries actually needed
> > build the full crossgcc,
> > or is it only the glibc header files that are needed?
>
> To let the crosscompiler actually build any executables that run on
> the target, you always need at least *a* C runtime library, or
> C++/Java/ObjC etc, if you turn on those languages.

Of course you need the cross compiled library functions to link your
target application, but do you need more than the glibc header files to
compile the full crosscompiler? The only reason I can think of, is that
the library functions, that are built with gcc, are statically linked with
glibc.

Henrik.