Re: crosstool-0.36 coming up soonish

Robert Schwebel wrote:

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 08:53:03AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

Now, Robert, you're perfectly able to make a prototype without SVN.

Sure, it's just much better maintainable than patches, because it is
possible to follow you in smaller steps.

I can only give a "hear, hear": Dan, as the upstream, you never see the need of SVN because you simply produce a periodic tarball, a release. Then, anyone using it has to re-patch his changes into that. It might not be a living hell, but it's greater-than-zero effort.

Twice so far, I've done something only to send it in and find out you've done something similar, nearly exactly what I've done (ie MacOSX stuff, RPM stuff). It'd be nice to get updates as you're doing them. You could tag the repos to mark "OK ones" and let the main branch march on with other tags to varying degrees of "OK-ness" (bleeding-edge, latest-tested-OK, "it has no syntax errors but blows chunks", to "keep away, info-only")

Hey, at least you have archives, which is good...

Allan