Re: A few Questions

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
I have compiled the xscale toolchain sucessfully with this options:

KERNELCONFIG=`pwd`/arm.config
TARGET=arm-xscale-linux-gnu
TARGET_CFLAGS="-O -msoft-float -mthumb-interwork"
GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-float=soft --with-cpu=xscale
--enable-interwork --enable-cxx-flags=-mcpu=xscale"
GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--with-float=soft --enable-interwork --without-fp"

But...(always a but), When I check the headers of my objects:

crtbegin.o -> says it's compiled with SF.   don't say anything about
interworking.
libgcc.a -> says it's compiled with SF.   don't say anything about interworking.
crti.o -> says it's compiled with SF.   don't say anything about interworking.
libc.o -> says it's compiled with S and with thumb interworking.

Compilation is done with -static -static-libgcc. I got lots of
warning, about "interworking" because module are not recognised as all
thumb-interworking:/
The programme starts, go to custom initialization and hangup..
(hangup in "my_function", at instruction  "bl  <my_function +
0x130>"..weird.. ).
Anyway, I'll try with smaller examples.

If you see any mistake in my option file, or if you guess that object
headers are not correctly set, please let me know,

Sylvain Becker.

--
Sylvain Becker