Re: tweaking the sanitized headers for sh3eb build

Arno Schuring wrote:
Just did a make prepare on a vanilla kernel tree, it seems it does the following:

aschuring@golem:~/work/linux-2.6.7 > make defconfig ARCH=sh
[...]
aschuring@golem:~/work/linux-2.6.7 > make prepare ARCH=sh
 Making asm-sh/cpu -> asm-sh/cpu-sh3 link
 Making asm-sh/mach -> asm-sh/unknown link
make[1]: `include/asm-sh/machtypes.h' is up to date.

Which with -n translates to:

ln -sf cpu-sh3 include/asm-sh/cpu
ln -sf unknown include/asm-sh/mach

So you were correct. You might run into a missing mach-dir later, also. I guess the sanitized headers need some postprocessing for some architectures, though this might be difficult to incorporate in crosstool.

We have to, I think. It can't be that much worse than the song-and-dance I currently use to try to get the kernel makefiles to generate those symlinks for me. - Dan