Re: glibc 2.3.3 target:arm-linux host:cygwin elf-init.c linker error

Jean Olivier Caron wrote:
Hmm. I wonder if it might not be the case-insenstive nature of
the filesystem. Crosstool has a patch to help with that; it's at
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.28-rc37/patches/glibc-2.3.3/glibc-2.3.3-cygwin.patch

I tried the patch, with no success. However, one question remains regarding the modification done to the file glibc-2.3.3/sysdeps/sparc/sparc32/sparcv9/Makefile
and its assembly flags to include .oST. -ASFLAGS-.oS += -Wa,-Av9a
+ASFLAGS-.oST += -Wa,-Av9a

My question is that in the case of the an ARM target is there a file to modify to include those assembly flags such as in file
/sysdeps/cris/Makefile on line 40
ASFLAGS-.os = -fpic

Hey, good catch. I'll have a look next time I get a chance... hmm, that's not worth much these days, but maybe somebody else on the list will benefit.

Hey, can you try using crosstool to build your toolchain?

I am looking into this at the moment. If I start with crosstool.sh, I guess it is possible to keep the structure I've already built and just build glibc?.... or should I instead start over from scratch using the all.sh script?

You should start with all.sh (or demo-arm.sh) and just see how it goes. If it works at all, you can consider using crosstool.sh by itself if you like. Be sure to read doc/crosstool-howto.html, it has notes on dealing with cygwin. - Dan