Re: uclib support for crosstools forward ported to 0.28-rc37

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:35:41PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > I was using 0.28-rc5 with Carl's uclibc patch. In order to ease
> > merging this patch into crosstool proper I split his patch into

> > - crosstool-0.28-rc37-libc.patch.bz2
> >   GLIBC_DIR to LIBC_DIR renames
> >   build-glibc to build-lib renames
> >   Introduction of C_LIBRARY=glibc in the existing *.dat files
> > - crosstool-0.28-rc37-uclibc-core.patch.bz2
> >   patching up the scripts for glibc/uclibc support
> > - crosstool-0.28-rc37-uclibc-extrafiles.patch.bz2
> >   patches & configuration for uclibc builds
> > - crosstool-0.28-rc37-uclibc-localedownload.patch.bz2
> >   a small fix for having crosstool check in TARBALLS_DIR
> >   for uclibc's locale tarball before starting a download.
>
> Goodness.  You're the second person to have done part of this this
> week.  I'd better get this merged, or I'll have a hoard of people
> sending me patches!

It's a conspiracy :)

> I'll try to have a look at your patches soon.  In the meantime, you
> might want to put them on a server and post the URL to your patches;
> that might help with the posting problems you mentioned in your next
> note.

OK, placed them under

    http://devel.atrpms.net/crosstool/

Let's hope this post makes it to the list. :/

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 10:41:34PM -0700, Carl Miller wrote:
> If you want to freshen up the gcc/binutils patches for newer
> versions than I worked with, you might see if the uClibc project
> has the appropriate patches available over CVSWeb.  Start here:
>
> http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/buildroot/sources/
>
> and dig into <tool>/<version>/Attic    There's some good stuff
> there.

In the Attic? That's a strange place for placing patches. Why are they
being wiped off the buildroot?

I already searched for something corresponding to the separate build
vs src dir hierarchy (like the Makefile relocate patch), but this
seems not to have been addressed within uClibc.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net