Re: Arrgh. arm 2.4 kernel is a fork.

On 10/02/04 01:19:45, Dan Kegel wrote:

That's it.  I'm giving up on 2.4; it's too fragmented.
I suspect 2.6 is a bit more unified.  If not, well, it's not in
deep freeze mode like 2.4 is, and the forkettes can be fixed.
- Dan

You should have done so a while ago :) (I just joined the mailing list, or I might have told you sooner). The arm state in 2.4 really is a mess, with tons and tons of forks.

All arm development happens on 2.6 now (since 2.6.4) Russell King's bk tree is automaticly merged with the -mm tree, and most changes are closely tracked by Linus. That is, there is no longer a seperate arm tree, and Russell does not release patches anymore... stuff is just merged upstream.

Anytime anyone mentions 2.4 on linux-arm-kernel or posts a patch, Russell tells them to upgrade to 2.6, as 2.4 is a dead end from the community point of view.

John