From: Dan Kegel [mailto:dank@kegel.com] Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 10:26 AM
To: Dan Strohschein; crossgcc
Subject: How to build a uclibc toolchain with crosstool (was: Question to
you from a newbie)

Dan Strohschein wrote:

...  I am currently trying to develop a small application that would
run on a Linksys WRT54G router. This uses a mipsel CPU.

I downloaded crosstools and compiled/built/installed it for the mipsel CPU. I would like to use uClibc for its size with this particular embedded system, but I can't for the life of me figure out HOW to build uClibc to work with the crosstools. If you could point me at a resource, or perhaps share wisdom of your own on how I could go about accomplishing this, I would be very appreciative

There's a patch in the contrib directory that adds uclibc support
to crosstool-0.28-rc5.  It was posted by Carl Miller on 20 April 2004.
Try
   wget kegel.com/crosstool-0.28-rc5.tar.gz
   wget
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.28-rc25/contrib/crosstool-uclibc-0.28
-rc5.patch
   tar -xzvf crosstool-0.28-rc5.tar.gz
   cd crosstool-0.28-rc5
   patch -p1 < ../crosstool-uclibc-0.28-rc5.patch
   eval `cat gcc-3.3.3-uclibc-0.9.23.dat mipsel.dat` all.sh

I think Carl only tested it with arm, though, so who knows if that'll
work...
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com