Re: change just host of cross compiler

On 06-May-04, Kai Ruottu wrote:
>lazer1 wrote:

>> I use a 68k Amiga  (m68k-unknown-amigaos),
>>
>> I wish to create a 68k Amiga hosted cross compiler for AROS,
>>
>> ie I just wish to change just the host to my machine of the
>> existing cross compiler, target remains identical,
>>
>> On the 68k Amiga I use a native gcc-2.95.3-4, and there is a full
>> suite of native build tools, make, sed, awk, etc,

>  But is it really suitable as being your preferred build platform?

>> I dont quite see where the existing Linux-host:AROS-target gcc source
>> enters the picture,

>  In quite usual case one chooses the best available Unix-like platform
>as the build platform, then creates crosstools for the other 'secondary'
>not-so-Unix-like hosts. Then produces all the toolchains on that chosen
>build platform using the crosstools...

>  My choice as the build platform was Linux/x86 and the 'secondary' hosts
>are DOS/DJGPP2, Windoze/Cygwin, Windoze/MinGW and Sparc/Solaris2.7 for
>which I have created at least two toolchains per host. I have/had cross-
>tools for BeOS/x86, OS2/emx, MIPS/SVR4, SCO Unix 3.2, SCO Xenix 2.3,
>UnixWare 1.1, FreeBSD/x86, NetBSD/x86 etc. but haven't built any toolchains
>for them for years... I never have had a cross toolchain for AmigaOS/m68k
>but maybe I could find some insane reason for producing it...

can you see where my build attempt has gone wrong, I cannot see where,

I have attached the shell history of attempting to build
gcc. I tried setting prefix as explained in the FAQ, with similar error,
so instead I changed prefix to point to /gg,

attached also is gcc/config.log and gcc/configure which I think are
where the shell halted, from /Ports/gcc-3.3.1-aros/gcc/configure
 and  /Ports/gcc-3.3.1-aros/gcc/config.log

the last bit of the attached shell history is:

checking whether clock is declared... yes
checking whether getrlimit is declared... yes
checking whether setrlimit is declared... yes
checking whether getrusage is declared... yes
checking whether times is declared... yes
checking for struct tms... yes
checking for clock_t... yes
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... no
checking if mkdir takes one argument... no
*** Configuration m68k-unknown-amigaos not supported
Configure in /Ports/gcc-3.3.1-aros/gcc failed, exiting.
$

I cannot see where "*** Configuration m68k-unknown-amigaos not supported"
is coming from,

this is to create a cross compiler, I thought the host is irrelevant
isnt it just the target that matters?

the 68k-x-i686-pc-aros binutils have ported without problem,

maybe I should try building this with gcc-3.?.?,