Re: Configure error for powerpc-eabispe

Sébastien Douheret wrote:
	Hi,
I try to generate a crossgcc for Motorola PowerPC 8540 (core e500).
To do that, i use Dan's script with following options :

in file powerpc85xx.dat :
TARGET=powerpc-unknown-eabispe
checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-eabispe
checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: Operating system eabispe is not
supported.

Does it mean that powerpc-unknown-eabispe target is incorrect ?
I have same error with powerpc-eabispe target.
Which type of target must be set for PowerPC 85xx's processor ?

Aha. I suspect that glibc doesn't support that target. Are you sure you're running Linux on that target, and that the linux on your powerpc 8540 is running glibc? More likely, your target is bare metal with no operating system, in which case you need newlib rather than glibc, and crosstool might not be for you. (There are some scripts in contrib/newlib* to build such a toolchain, but you might also prefer to look elsewhere.) - Dan