Re: crossgcc for mips-redhat-linux-gnu

Toralf;

> Another question is why configure distinguises between "host" and
> "target" in the first place, since you usually need only two system type
> values even when cross compiling.

Indeed. Save when you are actually building a cross compiler you need to
specify all three:

host is the system on which the binaries will actually run.
build is the system on which the binaries are built.
target is the target ouput of the binaries.

Thanks for the independent confirmation. Wasn't sure if I was losing my
mind. Those people at RH had me unsure for a while. ;)

...back to mangling .spec files.

-=cj

--
Software Developer                                 QWorks www.qworks.ca