Re: Still stuck on OSX with errlist.c count mismatch

Dan, thanks for your quick reply in spite of the RSI.  I hope you're
taking good care of your tools, they're hard to replace.

Me> *** errlist.c count 1134 vs Versions sys_errlist@GLIBC_2.0 count 123
Me> make[3]: *** [/Users/roku/perforce/targets/crosstool-0.27/build/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2/build-glibc/\stdio-common/errlist-compat.c] Error 1
Me> make[2]: *** [stdio-common/subdir_lib] Error 2

Dan> A google search for that error message yields the
Dan> promising-looking thread starting with
Dan> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-10/msg00417.html
Dan> Anything there help?

I had seen that --- it was the first thread I looked at after I found
yours.  It looked very promising, and I tried to apply it to
glibc-2.3.2, but the patches are no longer valid, as things have
changed.  I looked into the spirit of the patch, but it too *seemed*
unnecessary.  There are two elements in the patch, one removes
GLIBC_2.3 special errlist-compat value.  That has already been
integrated into glibc-2.3.2, because the lines that the patch removed
are no longer in the Versions file.

The first element of the patch I'm not so sure about.  What it does is
check whether you are cross-compiling, and if so, it doesn't set the
sysheaders variable.  But the configure.in file is completely
different in 2.3.2.  I looked in configure for the place that
sysheaders was set, and it doesn't look like it is getting run.

Dave