Re: implications and importance of --prefix?? what about -staticin GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG?

Wolcott, Ken (MED, Compuware) wrote:
Regarding --with-sysroot, should that be run only with binutils configure and the final gcc configure? It seems that using this configure flag with the bootstrap configure doesn't make any sense...probably not with the kernel headers either...but what about glibc? For my next experiment, I'll try just with binutils and the final gcc compile to see if that works...

Correct. Also, if you're building gdb, that needs it, too, I hear. - Dan