Re: Output file size?

Toralf Lund wrote:

Peter Barada wrote:

Any idea why gcc's output is that much larger? Is there any way I can reduce the size? Note that -Os helps a bit, but I suspect that it actually destroys the code (asm() isn't handled correctly.)

How does GCC 'destroy' the 68k code when using -Os?  An example would be
quite appreciative.

Inline assembly code (specified via asm()) is simply missing from the assembly file generated by 'm68k-coff-gcc -Os -S'. At least, that what it looks like for one of my actual C files. I'll try with a simplified example...

Actually, this may have been justified as the code would appear to do nothing because I had made a mistake when setting up the variable templates.

I'm not sure I want the optimiser to touch my assembly code at all, though...

- Toralf