Re: ARM/THUMB Interworking in same file

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to have Thumb and Arm c Code in the same source file? i.e. is
> there a way to specifically identify a function as being compiled as an ARM
> Function, whereas another if compiled in Thumb?
> e.g. __attribute__((Arm))
>
> What I want to do is to have a startup file that will switch me into Thumb mode,
> write my main file in Thumb but occasionally would like to have a function in
> ARM mode.

It's not currently possible to do this with GCC.

I'd like to make the compiler do it, but there are problems relating to
the one-off initialization that GCC does when you invoke it: it builds
tables describing certain attributes of the target processor and it isn't
possible to update these dynamically, as would be required for switching
instruction sets.

R.