Re: host=i686-pc-linux-gnu target=i386-pc-mingw32,i386-pc-msdosdjgpp

conathan@conet.dyndns.org wrote:
i386-pc-mingw32, I have almost got completely figured out.  [precompiled
mingw-runtime, and w32api in /usr/i386-pc-mingw32/, then binutils and
gcc.].  I tried recompiling the header files from source.  (W32api worked
nicely, but I am still fooling around with mingw-runtime.  [and cant find
any reference to compling it (seems to want w32api directory beside it
though)].  (I guess the binary /include and /lib work ok.  it just doesnt
feel the same though)

Following this, I decided to try a i386-pc-msdosdjgpp, but ran into some
more problems.  (I found some references to others having these, but not
entirely clear on the solutions).  [gcc fails, cant find MAX_PATH
(location of limits.h I think was the fix)], and once that was out of the
way, libstdc++ failed (never figured that one out, so I guess I cant
compile to dos)].

Anyway, I was curious if there was more updated information out there on
compiling cross compilers.

For Linux and glibc, maybe. But for the kinds of targets you're talking about, maybe not. Perhaps you could post and document things as you get them working? That's what I've been doing with http://kegel.com/crosstools, and it's helped a couple people already. If each of us takes a class of targets and polishes up the cross-tool-chain build-and-test doc and scripts, we'll have something good to fold into the gcc doc so those who come after us don't have to struggle so much... - Dan