Re: [linux-sh:02796] sh4 problem: "/lib/libstdc++.so.5: no versioninformation available"

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:56:12PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

Oddly enough, objdump -p libstdc++.so.5 shows that there is indeed no version info in libstdc++.so.5 built for sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3-glibc-2.2.5
or sh4-unknown-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3-glibc-2.3.2, though there is version
info in that file for the other five architectures I built ...

This generally is a problem with GCC's crappy attempts to autodetect features of the cross or target assembler and linker. Read over the output of configure and see if anything is looking particularly suspicious.

Thanks for the encouragement. Looks like libstdc++-v3/configure is setting SYMVER_MAP=config/linker-map.dummy because it sees that no libgcc_s.so was generated; configure says checking for shared libgcc... no. This happened even though I ran gcc's configure with --enable-shared!

This looks vaguely similar to something from two years ago:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/3076/2001/6/0/6002114/

I'm hoping that one of the two patches
gcc-20030210-sh-linux-1.patch
gcc-3.2.3-sh-linux-dwarf2-1.patch
from
http://mirror.sh-linux.org/rpm-2003/SRPMS/gcc-3.2.3-3.src.rpm
make this go away.  (Looks like those are mostly very simple, important
fixes in those patches for sh, along with a couple patches that
touch generic code and may or may not be safe for other architectures...)
I'm building now with those two patches to see.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com