Re: Building a cross-toolchain from scratch

Nick Patavalis wrote:
This is good, but the true solution would be the GCC build system to
become "saner", regarding dependencies on headers, libraries, etc,
durring the various stages. That is, cross-compilation must be
"inherently" supported and only as an after-thought. I believe that
this will also cleanup (immensly) the native-builds. Do you know if
there are efforts made towards this by the GCC-people?

I'm not aware of any, but I do think that having a working set of build scripts will bring the problem into focus. We can then start submitting patches to the gcc sources that reduce the complexity of the build process. Also, since the gcc team is interested in running these builds periodically to verify support, any new build complications will be caught much sooner, and perhaps nipped in the bud. - Dan

-- Dan Kegel http://www.kegel.com http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045