Re: gcc-2.95 broken on PPC?

A high white horse souse wrote:
> I wouldn't switch to gcc-3.3 for now, the gcc mailing list looks like it
> has more problems and less features than the unstable bleeding edge
> gcc-3.4 CVS version.  I am using gcc 3.2.2 for everything.  I compiled
> my X, my libc, my kernel, my KDE.  That is the first 3.x version that
> didn't produce incorrect code for any of these.

Thanks for the info.  I feel a lot better about trying gcc-3.2.2 now.
Does anyone know if it needs patches to produce a working kernel
and glibc on sh4?  gcc-3.0.4 needed a sizable patch on sh4, I seem to recall,
but not on ppc.

> The down side is that creating cross compilers from gcc 3.x is a lot
> harder unless you already have a cross compiled glibc from gcc 2.95.x
> in the proper paths.

Yep.  I'm not looking forward to dealing with that.  Shame the gcc
team keeps making building cross compilers harder.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com