This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the crossgcc project.

ColdFire tweaked gcc available for download

I've finally gotten the time to pull together what I've done to
gcc-3.0.4 to generate better code for ColdFire and put it up on my
home CVS server.

I've added support for -m5206e, -m5307, -m5407, -mcfv4e.  This version
of the compiler does indeed produce decent FPU code for ColdFire v4e,
as well as better support for btst/bset/bclr, support for the new ISA-B
instructions, as well as better prologue/epilogue code, and also
support for the interrupt attribute on functions.

I hope that those interested will try it out and email me with
compliments/complaints or suggestions on how to make it better.  I'm
trying(slowly in my spare time) to pull these changes forward into
gcc-3.2+ and I expect to add that tree to my CVS server.

Set CVSROOT in your environment to :pserver:anoncvs at baradas dot org:/home/cvs

Alternately add -d :pserver:anoncvs at baradas dot org:/home/cvs in the CVS
commands below (place it immediately after cvs, before any other arguments).

Issue the command:

cvs login

You will be prompted for a password; reply with the string "anoncvs"
(without the quotes).

Issue the command:

cvs -z 9 co xgcc

to check out the compiler/binutils/newlib sources, and you'll have in
the xgcc subdirectory the following:

which take up about 163MB of disk space.

Execute make in the xgcc directory to bild a m68k-elf cross toolchain
which will be installed in /tmp/m68k-elf.

The obj/m68k-elf directory consumes 478MB of disk space.
The installed tools in /tmp/m68k-elf take up 154MB.

Edit the Makefile and change PREFIX to wherever you want the tools installed.

Peter Barada
peter at baradas dot org

Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to crossgcc-unsubscribe at sources dot redhat dot com