Re: Problem building powerpc cross - array too large?

From: "William A. Gatliff" <bgat@billgatliff.com>

One other thing comes to mind.  Make _sure_ your $PREFIX/bin directory
is in your search path FIRST, before /usr/bin, et al.  I've seen
configure screw up and try to run native tools when the path wasn't
done this way.
Yep, already discovered that. Fortunately it was pretty obvious, since I was building with a different target name than my old tools (ppc-eabi vs ppc-elf), otherwise I may not have seen it. I don't remember seeing this anywhere in the FAQs, but it should be there.

FWIW, I think I finally got it all installed, but I ran into a really strange problem in the final full build of gcc: in 'configure', the line:
cat > conftest.$ac_test <<EOF
suddenly stopped working. It would create a zero-length file and just sit there and spin. I got around it by hacking 'configure' to cat to a different filename, and move it to conftest.$ac_test afterwards. Not sure what caused it, but I suspect that an NFS problem during one of the builds hosed up something in HPUX.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
--
John Breen