RE: more about the external target headers/libraries issue

>The logic in my head goes something like this.
>
>As I see it, the gcc-3.x libgcc2 has merely gotten polluted
>with some header-requiring constructs, where the 2.95.x
>libgcc2 was relatively header-free.  The 3.x "bootstrap" build
>target, all-gcc, won't finish until it has built libgcc2.  It
>can't build libgcc2 in a bootstrap, because it has no header
>files.  But I can't build headers for it because the gcc
>bootstrap build process refuses to give me a compiler until it
>has a libgcc2.
>
>The thing is, I don't _need_ libgcc2 to build libraries.  At all.
>
>What I'm looking at is somehow removing the libgcc2 dependency
>from the all-gcc target, so that the build process will
>install xgcc and I can get on with building those header files
>that libgcc2 needs.
>

>b.g.
>--
>Bill Gatliff
>Embedded GNU development and training services. http://billgatliff.com

Sounds great.  When that's done add a regression test to the gcc build
& release process to ensure it can never be broken again.
					Regards,
						  Bruce A.

 Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not
 necessarily those of Tyco Electronic Product Group.

 Any prices for the supply of goods or services are only valid if supported
 by a formal written quotation.

 This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
 forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted
 from Tyco Electronic Product Group are confidential and solely for the use
 of the intended recipient.

 If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
 delivery to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
 e-mail in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.  In this event,
 please notify us via e-mail at 'helpdesk.tepg@tycoint.com' or telephone on
 0121 255 6499 and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.