Crt0.s for AT91

Hi,

We are having intermittent problems with our AT91 ARM-based processor.
(AT91M40400 to be exact...)

I have build the gcc 3.2 cross compiler for arm-elf format with newlib.
This has been working up until recently for about the last 2 months.
Previously, we used a gcc 2.95 compiler for over a year with no major
problems.

We have cut our code back to a simple mainline with some basic memory
allocation which still causes the processor to crash in its setup
routine.

Everything so far points to the heap not being allocated in the startup
script, crt0.s which we have created for our own crt0 library. How does
gcc handle this when it is a cross compiler? Does the processor need to
be specified on the command line?

Is there any documentation or faq's around with details of exactly what
is needed in this startup script and crt0.s?

Many thanks in advance!

Elwyn Campbell
Systems Engineer
NAUTRONIX LTD
108 Marine Terrace, Fremantle, Western Australia, 6160, Australia
T +61 8 9431 0000, F +61 8 9430 5901, www.nautronix.com.au

____
This communication contains information which is confidential and the copyright of Nautronix.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies and advise Nautronix immediately. If you are the intended recipient of this communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication without the prior authority of Nautronix. Any views expressed in this Communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Nautronix.

Except as required at law, Nautronix does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.