Re: Linker script help needed - section not included in S3R file

Alan:

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 04:47:46PM -0400, Alan Cudmore wrote:

> As you can see, the sections ( .romtext and .romdata ) have only the
> CONTENTS attribute and are being left out of the s-record file. The
> .text section has ALLOC and LOAD and is being included in the S-record
> file.
>
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Are there section attributes
> that I can set to allow these sections to be included in the S-record
> file?

Are you writing the linker's output file directly to srec?  Try
writing to ELF instead, then use objcopy to translate the ELF file to
srec.  I seem to recall a case where the names of the output sections
for srec are hardcoded...

Once you have the ELF file, use objcopy --set-section-flags to tinker
with the CONTENTS, etc. flags if necessary.  I think you want the
section marked CONTENTS+LOAD, at least.

HTH,

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
I'm an embedded GNU developer first, GNU instructor second.