Compilation issues for ARM when using arm-elf-gcc on Windows( cygwin )

Hi,

I am using the cygwin tools and I want to compile C programs on Windows.
I have followed the instructions given on the redhat site(eCOS) for
configuring toolchain.

I have configured binutils, gcc and gdb toolchain using cygwin for ARM
I am not able to compile and link C programs( even hello.c) using
arm-elf-gcc for ARM using cygwin prompt.

Do I need to install any other package or configure eCOS properly?? Do I
need to install newlib or glibc ??

Here are the erros that I am getting when I try to compile and link a
sample hello.c for ARM using arm-elf-gcc

Do help me with this!!
If I need to configure eCOS please do send me the exact steps and also If I
am missing something do let me know!!

Here is the error and source for the sample hello program..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: (hello.c)
/* this is a simple hello world program */
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
  printf("Hello, eCos world!\n");
  return 0;
}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ arm-elf-gcc hello.c
hello.c:2:19: stdio.h: No such file or directory

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I comment the stdio,h I get the following linker error!!

$ arm-elf-gcc hello.c
/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.0.4/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld:

cannot op
en crt0.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Do reply ASAP