Re: powerpc-linux gcc build

Dimi Shahbaz wrote:

> I'm trying to build a cross toolset for ppc.  The binutils build and
> install fine.  When I try gcc, however, I get the following error when
> the build reaches gcc-3.0.4/gcc/libgcc2.c:

> Here is my configure line:
> ./gcc-3.0.4/configure --target=powerpc-linux --build=`arch`-linux
> --program-prefix=powerpc-linux- --prefix=$HOME/opt/ppc405/
> --without-headers --enable-languages=c --with-newlib --disable-shared
> --with-cpu=403 --nfp
>
> As far as I can tell, sys/ucontext.h as well as signal.h are part of
> glibc, which I would normally build/install *after* gcc.  Has anyone
> ran into this kind of problem?

I've met same problem with gcc-3.4, but finally done by manually
including native powerpc C header files and libs. I've tired several
combinations of configuration options, such as switched on/off
--without-headers. However it doesn't help.

I also checked lots of mailing lists and cross-complier howtos and I
think as Paul Flinders said in message:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2001-08/msg00016.html
there is no way to avoid include libc headers since above gcc-3.0. (It
is OK to build bootstrap powerpc-linux-* with gcc-2.95 without libc
headers).

Therefore, I think if you want to build gcc-3.04, the fast way is
including native powerpc libc header files. What I I did is manually
using Hardhat Linux2.0 ppc target libc header files.

Hope it helps.

Wang Yonghao