From: Ross A. Osborn [mailto:rosborn@motorola.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 4:52 AM
To: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gcc 2.96?

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 09:22:05AM -0400, ChengHsin Hsu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    Quick question: Can I find the source code for gcc-2.96 in FSF's
cvs
> tree? :p
>    Thanks!!!
>
> Regards,
> Bear.
>

> hawley{chsu}120: ccmips -v
> Reading specs from

/home/chsu/VW542/host/sun4-solaris2/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/mips-wrs-vxworks/
gcc-2.96/specs
> gcc version gcc-2.96 19990621 VxWorks 5.4

I'm not really answering your question but I have a couple of related
questions of my own.

We have vxworks for both ppc and 68k processors.  Both of the cross
compilers report the same version info:

$ ccppc --version
cygnus-2.7.2-960126 egcs-971225 tornado 2.0

This looks to me like an antique version of egcs.  Is this true?  Are
newer versions of gcc significantly better than this version?  My
impression has been that a lot of the work on the compiler in the last
several years has been to improve C++ compiling.  We have a lot of C++
here so would trying to build our own cross compiler be worth the
effort?

Thanks,

Ross

------
Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ,
http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sources.redhat.com