Re: gcc 2.96?

I'm not really answering your question neither..:) But would like to let
me know I'm doing exactly the same experiment. I tried to build
mips-wrs-vxworks tool chain with Tornado 2.0, but failed. It turns out
that upgrading our tornado to version 2.1.1 is a more realistic way(in
my personal opinion) to get the advantage of latest compiler. (gcc 2.96
comes with our T2.1.1 package)

I might even upgrade the gcc to 3.x version, but still get stuck in
porting the BSP....

For your reference only...

Bear.