Re: Simple cross-compiler for PowerPC

If you don't even need help setting up globals or zeroing out memory,
and you don't need any C runtime library features, then you don't need
much from your runtime environment and a bare cross compiler will
probably do the trick.

Still, you'll have to build newlib during the cross compiler setup.
Some of the helper functions in libgcc need bits of header information
found in newlib to build properly.  You won't actually use the library
unless you want to, but gcc needs the header files during toolchain
construction.

HTH,

b.g.

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:08:11PM +0200, Rosetti Andrea wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to compile a simple cross-compiler for PowerPC, as our board is
> not a commercial one.
> We have all the software written for this board using a commercial C
> compiler, so we don't
> need facilities as crdt.o or libads.a. I have only to port this software
> to GNU.
> I am in doubt about which library other than libc.a I should use
> (libnosys.a?).
>
> --
> Software Technology Team
> SIEMENS Information & Communication Networks S.p.A.
> Localita Boschetto
> 67100 L'Aquila
> Tel. (+39)-862-335893
> Fax. (+39)-862-335623