Re: newlib on powerpc-eabi with soft-float

Christopher Jenkins wrote:

> Thanks, I used -msoft-float and the linker is now picking up the correct
> libc.a (the one in the nof directory). However, I have now come up against
> another problem - gcc seems to be picking up the wrong (ie not soft-float)
> version of libgcc.a.
>
> .. and compile it like this:
>
> powerpc-eabi-gcc -o test test.c -msoft-float -lc

 The obvious 'bug' here wasn't yet mentioned... "The bigger mistake one does,
the harder it is for others to see it..."

> However, the linker now complains about a whole load of unresolved symbols:

 If you haven't fixed your 'specs' to have some default target, you SHOULD
get unresolved symbols... The 'powerpc-eabi' "target" is not a complete
definition for the target system. Some BSPs in the format of 'glue libraries'
startups and associated linker scripts come with newlib, and one can use these
or provide equivalents for one's own target board...

> /usr/toolchain/powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol
> _start; defaulting to 01800074
> /usr/toolchain/powerpc-eabi/lib/nof/libc.a(vfprintf.o): In function
> `_vfprintf_r':
> 1.10.0/newlib/libc/stdio/vfprintf.c:592:
> undefined reference to `__ltdf2'

 Seemingly no startup (with '_start()'), no 'libgcc.a' etc. weren't linked
against...

Cheers, Kai