Re: "--with-headers=" Means What?

> > In the gcc configure step, I have to point the shell script to the header
> > files for the target. Which header files? The OS-specific headers or the
> > glibc (or newlib, as the case may be) headers? If I have to point to both,
> > is there a way to specify multiple directories as the target of
> > --with-headers=?
>
> It's used to point to a set of kernel headers
> that are already configured for the target you are interested in.

Actually, it should point to a directory that contains all the headers
you will need for sources you will be compiling for the target in
question.  If your target only requires a kernel, than you'll only need
the kernel includes, but if your cross compiler will be creating
userland programs as well, you'll need the appropriate headers for that
also (often one of glibc or newlib for Linux targets).

Unfortunately, gcc does not seem to allow for multiple target
directories in --with-headers, so you will have to create a single
directory that contains them all.

Mike.