Re: cross gcc for mips on x86 machine

joan wrote:

> Hi everybody
>          I am puzzled of the compiling problem. Most versions of
> binutils and gcc are tried to compile out a mips cross compiler on
> my x86 machine. Some of them such as binutils2-10/11 and gcc-2.95.2/3
> succeed in compiling out mipsel-linux-gcc(g++), but when they are used
> to compile qt/e+qpe, there are still strange problem. I heard from somebody
> that this version of gcc can't work well for mips cross compiler, so I tried
> the latest stable gcc of 3.0, but I can't even compile out the cross
> compiler.
> Always this error exits" ld: can't open file crti.o, no such file or
> directory."

crti.o is provided by glibc.  Did you build glibc?
If you did, there may be problems with your configuration.
If not, you need to build a bootstrap gcc, build glibc, then build
the final cross gcc.

--
Michael Eager     eager@mvista.com	408-328-8426
MontaVista Software, Inc. 1237 E. Arques Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94085