Re: Building gcc-3.0 cross sompiler

Mike Pelley wrote:

 >Hey Paul,
 >
 >I believe your problem might be your target directory.  I'm not sure
 >why, but I find my --prefix for binutils needs to be the same as my
 >--prefix for gcc.  I'm guessing by the --prefix you mentioned
 >(/opt/ppc-gcc) that you are putting gcc in a different directory from
 >binutils.

I _think_ that it's a "bug" in the ppc config headers.

Normally configuring with --with-newlib is supposed to turn off libc
dependancies when compiling libgcc2.c by defining inhibit_libc, however
config/rs6000/linux.h

has

#ifdef IN_LIBGCC2
#include <signal.h>
#include <sys/ucontext.h>

enum { SIGNAL_FRAMESIZE = 64 };
#endif

config/rs6000/linux.h is included via tconfig.h and config/rs6000/xm-sysv4.h
by libgcc2.c so there's no way to avoid trying to include libc headers.

If you _don't_ include signal.h and ucintext.h then unwind-dw2.c doesn't
compile.

In the end I bootstrapped the compiler by copying the headers from
the suse cross glibc rpm, that worked OK but it's a pain.