Re: Automated arm-linux-gcc and powerpc-linux-gcc build script

My solution to this has always been to specify ARCH,PROCESSOR, and
INCDIR. Here's the StrongARM version...

     (cd $sysroot_stage1/usr ; \
      $MAKE -I$kernel_src ARCH=arm PROCESSOR=armv INCDIR=sa1100
TOPDIR=`pwd` symlinks include/linux/version.h)

What somebody really needs to do is determine how generic something like
this is. My initial guess is that the compiler is probably accepable for
any armv system. Any reason to suspect otherwise?

--
Joe

bgat@open-widgets.com wrote:

> Phil:
>

> I had assumed that, but it turns out that there are two symlinks in
> the asm-arm subdir that get set to architecture-specific and
> platform-specific subdirs.  I couldn't find another way to set the
> symlinks, and the includes used during the glibc build don't seem to
> work without them.
>
> All I'm after is a way to set the symlinks to *something*.  Menuconfig
> was a quick-and-dirty.
>
> b.g.
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 09:30:13PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
>
>>> On my way to an updated crossgcc faq, I have produced a script that
>>> automatically builds an arm-linux or powerpc-linux toolchain FROM
>>> SCRATCH, *without* using newlib headers anywhere.
>>
>> It's probably not necessary to actually run menuconfig for ARM.  I think you
>> can get away with running `make oldconfig' and redirecting input from
>> /dev/null.  Nothing in the toolchain build process that I can think of cares
>> about the kernel configuration, and indeed the binaries that you end up with
>> will run on any subarchitecture.
>>
>> p.
>>

>> ------
>> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/