C Startup - New Question

Hello All,

I want to thank those of you who responded to my C
startup and exception handling code inquries. I now
have my code running except for one small problem.
The .data segment is not being initialized properly.
Where does GCC place the constants for initializing
the .data segment variables.  Do you have to
explicitly tell GCC or is there a default place to
find them?

Joel