trying to make a cygwin target crosscompiler

Hi there!.  I've being following this list for a days (trying to see if
my trouble comes out  and working to resolve it with similar threads)
but I'm at the end of my knowledges (-few if anyone asks-).
The facts:
I'm running a 4.3 RC Freebsd machine in a AMD K6II 500 Mhz. with 128 Mb.
RAM.
native gcc compiler ouputs :
bash-2.04$ gcc -v
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.3 [FreeBSD] 20010315 (release)

I'm trying to make a cross compiler targeted to a i586-pc-cygwin32.
I followed the CrossGCC FAQ instructions after reading it carefully,
and I've tried to solve the trouble mixing some kind of clues that I've
found in the mail archives and in this list.. with no results.
The sources from I'm trying to generate the cross compiler are:
binutils-2.11, gcc-2.95.3,
newlib-1.9.0 and gdb-5.0 (but I havent untared this yet because the
previous errors)
Always stops in the middle of the gcc make process with a
------------> snip
_cmpdi2
_ucmpdi2
_floatdidf
_floatdisf
_fixunsdfsi
In file included from include/limits.h:117,
                 from include/syslimits.h:7,
                 from include/limits.h:11,
                 from ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:1105:
/usr/home/query/cross/gcc/gcc/include/limits.h:117: limits.h: No such
file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/query/cross/gcc/gcc.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/query/cross/gcc.
--------------------------------> snip
I've tried to resolve it making soft links in the
/usr/local/i586-pc-cygwin directory to the newlib/libc/include ( include
and sys-include.. and both)... tried generating the binutils with the
--with-headers option pointing to the newlib include things...tried with
the 2.95.2 version of gcc..
tried anything  that seamed semi-reasonable to do.. but unsuccesfully..
Could any one bring me some light, please?
TIA
begin:vcard
n:Hernandez;Guillermo
x-mozilla-html:FALSE