problem linking a simple programm using cygwin for target powerpc

Hello.

I setup a crosscompiler on intel platform using win2k for powerpc target.
Therefor i installed cygwin.
Setup of binutils, gcc-2.95.2-6 and newlib-1.9.0 was successful.

After that i tried to build a simple "hello" application using the
following command line arguments for gcc.

$ $target-gcc -e main -mno-eabi
-I$src_root/BUILD/newlib/powerpc-eabi/newlib/usr/local/powerpc/powerpc-eabi/include

-libc -o hello hello.c

I got a message from the linker , that libc could not be found.

/usr/local/powerpc/bin/powerpc-eabi-ld: cannot find -libc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

With my next attempt i added the path to the libc, but got the same error.

$ $target-gcc -e main -mno-eabi
-I$src_root/BUILD/newlib/powerpc-eabi/newlib/usr/local/powerpc/powerpc-eabi/include
-L$src_root/BUILD/newlib/powerpc-eabi/newlib/usr/local/powerpc/powerpc-eabi/include

-libc -o hello hello.c

/usr/local/powerpc/bin/powerpc-eabi-ld: cannot find -libc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I checked the path to the library again and found the libc there.

Is there an environment variable that should be set for the linker ?

Mathias