Re: Trying to figure out what host to use

Hi all,

Another question triggered by something Kai asked:

> Yes, the target is right, but you must check that the 'libgcc.a' for '-m68332'
> or '-mcpu32' will be generated. The 'libgcc.a' contains e.g. the basic
> soft-float routines ('fadd'/'fsub'/'fmul'/'fdiv', but not with these
> names...). The cpu32- core needs different routines than the default
> '-m68020'.  The 'config/m68k/t-m68kbare' should set the variations in the
> MULTILIB_OPTIONS...

What produces libgcc.a and where would I expect to find it?  The prefix I
used for building binutils and gcc was /volume/FFS-500/bar.  There is a lib
directory, but no libgcc.a.

Do I need to do something specific to get libgcc.a? Or is libgcc.a going to
be created if I can get past the error message below?

Finally, would the lack of a libgcc.a be at all related to the error message
I get below: