Re: gcc compile

Hello!

Sorry, if my question fits not exactly on the topic, but...

es klopfte Hua Ji in seine tastatur:
> For testing, you can use gcc -msim...., so that you will no problem for
> creating an executable and can be run with the powerpc-arm-elf-run, which
> should be located in your ./bin directory.
... i have read a few times about the "-msim" switch of gcc.

I am unable to find such a think (which sounds nice) in my version of
gcc, which i compiled for i960 about a year ago:
,----------------------------- [ gcc -v ] -----------------------------
| Reading specs from
| /usr/local/i960/compiler/lib/gcc-lib/i960-unknown-coff/2.95.2/specs
| gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
2.92.2 shoudn't be sooo old - right?

Is the "sim" option a new feature, a special patch, or something enabled
for some special cpus?
Or is it something completly different?

yours
--
Helmut Kolb                              KNAPP Logistik & Automation G.m.b.H.
Kolb.Helmut@knapp.co.at     Guenter-Knapp-Str. 5-7 A-8075 Hart/Graz, Austria