RE: Help needed

Thanks a lot. Please read in side.

>And your real target is what ?

Hua: I have no Operating System target. What I need to do is to write codes
for the raw ppc 405GP board from IBM.

-msim
-mmvme
-mads
-myellowknife
For 'Hello World' the '-msim' could be suitable. Then you can run the
executable
with the 'powerpc-elf-run' stand-alone-simulator coming with GDB (the
'psim', made
by Andrew Cagney...), and get your "Hello World" visible...

Hua: Thanks a lot. I tried with -msim. All done perfectly, after libc.a and
__start symbol being linked from sim-crt0.o! This is exactly what I got
stuck yesterday--the linker can't go **automatically** link my libc.a and
__start codes. I guess the story behind my case is:
When I did the cross compiler, I didn't(or couldnot?) specify Operating
System target, but only specify a powerp elf target, so the gcc and the
corresponding linker(ld) can't know how to look for which libc and __start
symbols(or codes)? Am I right? Please continuly educate me. Thanks in
advance.

Hua