RE: Error building GCC for ARM-elf on Cygwin 1.1.6

  My mounts are:-

-NT-                -POSIX-   -Type-  -Flags-
C:\cygwin\mnt\dos   /dos      system  textmode
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin  system  binmode
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib  system  binmode
d:\download         /download user    binmode
C:\Source           /dev2     user    textmode
C:\cygwin           /         system  binmode
C:\CVS4             /gccdev   user    textmode
G:                  /zip0     system  binmode
c:                  /win/c    system  textmode
d:                  /win/d    system  textmode
e:                  /win/e    system  textmode

  And my target headers live on C:\Tornado\target\h.  So I do configure
--with-headers=/win/c/Tornado/target/h; the configure process copies them
to /usr/local/sys-include, and I have to convert them manually.

  Then I go to build it.  At this stage, my source dir is /gccdev, which is
a textmode mount in order to avoid any problems with EOLs in the source
code, and my build directory is under ~, which is in /home, which is binary
mode.  And my tmp dir is the same.  Now, AFAIUI, nothing should be written
to or from my source directory when I've configure to build in a different
object directory, which is the only obvious way I can see of the LFs getting
converted back to CRLFs. So it's a mystery to me.

  Cheers for your suggestions, anyway.

        DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com