Cross configure problems

 I created a m68k-amigaos cross development enviroment under Openstep
which worked so far.
But then i wanted to generate a ppc-amigaos-gcc(where host is 68k) inside
this enviroment and noticed that configure has serious problems with the host
system not being equal to the run system.

Example: gcc needs a lot gen* utilities to generate all kinds of internal .c and .h
files. But it generated these executables for the --host enviroment and not for
the run enviroment and i don't think this was intended:-)
It also used ar,ranlib for libiberty where m68k-amigaos-ar,ranlib was needed.

I think that configure needs to care for this case where --host != run system and
first generates a run-target cross toolset or searches for  one in the --prefix

Regards
---
Ralph Schmidt,laire@popmail.owl.de(private),NextMail welcome