Re: My stochastic sojourn in cross-compiler land

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 11:06:05AM -0800, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> I'll let you know if I get something working, and get it to you.

no success for i386-elf (apparently there's no standalone configuration
files) but i386-coff compiled up like a charm.

I am using the following script to setup symlinks for a one-pass go:

#!/bin/sh
EGCS=../gcc-2.95.2
BINUTILS=../binutils-2.9.4.0.7
NEWLIB=../newlib-1.8.2

for i in bfd binutils config gas include intl ld libiberty opcodes \
	Makefile.in
do
        ln -s $BINUTILS/$i .
done
for i in config-ml.in config.guess config.if config.sub configure gcc \
	mkinstalldirs move-if-change install-sh
do
        ln -s $EGCS/$i .
done
for i in libgloss newlib; do
        ln -s $NEWLIB/$i .
done
cp $EGCS/configure.in .

make a subdirectory, go there, and then

../configure --target=i386-coff --prefix=<wherever> \
	--exec-prefix=<same here> # -v, or other options you like...

make all install

and you're off and running with i386-coff-{gcc, as, objdump, etc...} for
making standalone stuff.  You'll need to write or modify crt0.S and
libgloss...

--
  Aaron J. Grier   |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron@frye.com
  "The simplistic anthropomorphism which asserts that source code has a