Problem with configure binutils for GCC

Hello all,

I'm inten to installing a gcc cross-compiler for a Pentium II  with Red
Hat 6.1 Linux (host) and the target is mips-ultrix4.
Then previus i need the binutils package. I have binutils-2.9.1, and i
had to configure, then i did this:

$  mkdir /usr/local/CrossGCC/     # i build in a separate directory
$  cd /../CroosGCC/
$  host=i686-linux
$  target=mips-ultrix4
$  gccdir=/usr/local/CroosGCC
# Then execute the command configure

$  /root/GCC/binutils-2.9.1/configure --host=$host --target=$target
--prefix $gccdir

At this point well, but in the configuration proccess it display the
.....checking wether build enviroment is sane.... configure error: newly
created file is older than distributed files¡
check your system clock
configure in /usr/local/CrossGCC/opcodes failed,  exitingº

What is happening? . I want to build in a separate directory how a
diferrente version that is possible a previuos verison.
Could help me?

Cheers,         Tana