Re: building gcc m68k-coff

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:24:40AM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> another alternative is to use the "one tree" method of building, as
> shown in http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/FAQ-4.html#ss4.2.  I have
> succesfully used the process to build m68k-rtems-elf, and m68k-elf, and
> a canadian cross for m68k-rtems-elf running on i386-cygwin.

I would also suggest going that way - I have successfully used it for
linux-hosted cross-compilers for m68k-coff, powerpc-eabi, sh-coff, and for
cross-compiling cygwin-to-sh/powerpc-compilers under linux.

The nice thing is that once you have everything set up, you get all the
needed tools in one go, with one simple command - building a new compiler
version or a compiler for a different target is quite easy then.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen