Re: Cross Compiler - Question on MIPS

Felix Shedrinsky wrote:

> I downloaded and installed successfulyy GCC using mips64-elf target.

 The 'mips64-elf' really isn't a 'target' in the sense a 'mips-linux-gnu'
is...  You must also know the target board, the 'opsys' (monitor etc.)
on it, the I/O-arrangement etc.  The simulator in GDB simulates quite a
lot boards but not them all. And also this needs some sane 'target' first...

> What next? I tried to compile "Hello,World" application but it failed on
> linker with a lot of unresolved externals.

 So you must know your 'target' before you can make any executables for it.
Newlib includes many 'glue libraries' for known target boards. These should
have the unresolved symbols solved...

> Is any special flags should be specified?

 E.g. '-Wl,-T,pmon.ld -lpmon' to define the linker script and the glue
library for a PMON-monitor based evaluation board... Then everything
should be known and the compiler can make executables for the target.

> When I'm using regular gcc all works fine, what should be different now?

 Everything of course ;-)

Cheers, Kai