Re: Accessing Wiggler from Linux GDB

Quality Quorum wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Hans - Dulimarta wrote:
>

> > I'd like to know whether anyone could share his/her success story
> > accessing Macraigor's wiggler from GDM running on Linux. I have tried the
> > following two methods without any good luck:
> >
> > 1. From gdb 4.18 by running "target ocd /dev/lp0; target ocd wiggler
> >    /dev/lp0". The debugger seemed to hang after printing the message
> >       "Remote target wiggler connected to /dev/lp0"
> >
> > 2. From Linux BDM-driver patched gdb mentioned in the Cross GCC FAQ.
> >    After running "target bdm /dev/bdm0" a kernel message
> >       "Device or resource busy" was displayed.
> >
> > Also, I'd like to hear from you who successfully accessed the Wiggler from
> > Cygwin GDB running on Win95/98 (not WinNT).
>
> I wrote extened gdbserver. It allows to attach various embedded targets
> to the remote machine. It is currently unix-only. Port to native WinNT
> and wiggler support is on the short list of stuff I was planned to do.
>
> It there is a real interest to provide linux/unix gdb connectivity to
> wiggler I can move this item up my priority list: I have everything to
> do the port: NT, wiggler, MPC860 target.

I know of a lot of people who would like to able to use gdb on linux and connect
to an embedded target (mainly MPC8xx) via the wigger.  I think there would be
alot of interest in a linux wiggler device driver.  I am definately interested.
I'm not too keen on a Windows gdb server.  That would require two machines setup
if gdb was to run on linux and gdb-server to run on Win95/98/NT.

Brendan Simon.