Re: CrossGCC: linux->mingw and linux->cygwin

Brendan Simon <bsimon@ctam.com.au> writes:

> I have built a linux->cygwin cross-compiler sometime ago using
> egcs-1.1.2 sources.  I am planning to upgrade to gcc-2.95.2 soon and
> want to be able to create Mingw and Cygwin binaries using my Linux box.
> Since Cygwin can generate Mingw executables using the -mno-cygwin
> option, I was wondering if it is possible to generate Mingw executables
> with the -mno-cygwin option when using the Linux->cygwin
> cross-compiler.  This would allow me to build ONE cross-compiler
> (Linux->Cygwin) instead of having to build to seperate cross-compilers
> (Linux->Cygwin and Linux->Mingw).
> Does anyone know if this is possible ???

Sure it is, as long as you've installed the target headers/libraries
correctly. Just try it out.

I however recommend separate compilers just to avoid the pitfalls of
using -mno-cygwin. see my writeup on mno-cygwin at:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/#mno-cygwin

Besides, the mingw-runtime I provide is a lot more up-to-date than the
one provided in Cygwin (it'll be fixed in the future, but for now that's
the situation).

Regards,
Mumit