Re: mips64el compilation on a sparc

Winston Worrell <winstonw@corp.webtv.net> wrote:

> A while ago I posted a question concerning building the binutils and a gcc
> cross compiler for a mips64el on a sparc machine. I keep getting error messages
> and it fails to build.
>
> target='--target=mips64vsr1el--ecoff'

 Using ecoff format for 64-bit ?  Should it work ?

 I know that SVR4/ELF has 64-bit extensions thought out, e.g. :

------------------- clip -----------------------
SYSTEM V Generic ABI (gABI)
The MIPS ABI Group's
Proposed 64-bit Extensions

Version: 1.8.1
Author: Keith McConnell (keithm@syl.sj.nec.com)
Date: September 16, 1997

This document is a proposal for modifications to the System V Generic ABI
(Edition 3.1) to support a new 64-bit ABI. These modifications are being
proposed by the MIPS ABI Group.

 Please look at places like 'www.mipsabi.org' and
'www.sco.com/developer/devspecs' for the 64-bit MIPS-ABI documents.

Cheers, Kai